Welcome!!!

Welcome to my blog about...well...my faith and all other things random. Just documenting my journey through life and following God. I initially began blogging about my faith but this PhD is testing my sanity so now I blog about faith and all other things that keep me sane!

Monday, June 13, 2016

WeDidThat: The Tony Awards

So last night was the first time I've ever watched the Tony Awards...all the way through for the most part at that.  And let me tell you I got my WHOLE life at seeing all the people of color being nominated in almost all of the categories and actually WINNING!!!  Unfortunately, for the whole day today I can't stop singing.  I feel like all responses and conversations should be sung because yes. Broadway bih.   Also, Daveed Diggs from Hamilton is my boyfriend, we just made it official last night, even though we've never met.  (Me and Chance The Rapper is still going steady though) And I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cynthia Eviro.  I fell down the YouTube wormhole of watching musical clips and wanted to share this clip of her singing Color Purple from the revived Broadway show.  If they ever travel to Nashville or whatever city I'm currently in, I'm dishing out ALL my coins to see Hamilton and Color Purple and Shuffle.  That or if I make it to NY while its still there they will get all my coins.  Anyway, watch this and let it bless your soul :)


Oh and Lin-Manuel Miranda's acceptance speech referring to the Orlando Pulse Massacre was beautiful.  I don't yet have the words to express how I feel about the Orlando shooting so I'm not going to write about it here but when the right words find me I'll post about it.  If they ever do.  I was heartbroken when I first heard about it.  Sitting in the lab working on a Sunday I felt sick to my stomach and fought back the overwhelming urge to both vomit and cry at the same time.  I immediately thought about my queer and trans friends.  There is NO place that's safe for them, NO place.  What kind of evil society do we live in where NO place is safe for certain people.  I've been more vehemently praying for their safety ever since Orlando.  Lifting up the families, friends, and loved ones of those whose lives were lost to such hate.  It's moments like this where I question whether the work that people are doing to change the world and advocate is working.  But I know that it is from the small victories to the huge ones.  Moments like this make me question a lot of things though.

Anywho yall have a great Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment