Welcome!!!

Welcome to my blog about...well...my faith and all other things random. Just documenting my journey through life and following God. I initially began blogging about my faith but this PhD is testing my sanity so now I blog about faith and all other things that keep me sane!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

God will use just about ANYbody

So I'm on a roll with two posts on the same day!  Anywho as I was sitting here thinking about where I'm going to live in 10days my phone rang.  It's the guy who has a townhouse for rent in Nashville.  One of the first things he mentioned when he was first telling me about the property was "I'm a Christian" he explained that you know in today's time that may not carry much weight but it does with him and so he's an honest person etc etc.  So the more I talk to him about renting this place I dunno I just REALLY like this guy!  Not in a relationship/dating kind of way... I dunno.... u ever just meet someone that almost immediately you can lowkey feel being like your BFF?  Yea that kinda like.  He's so helpful and he even encourages me with the Word and talks about prayer! lol   If you can tell me how we go from discussing rental terms to talking about prayer and God then I'll give you a million bucks because I have no idea myself.  So anywho I'm telling him how everything I had planned has kind of fell apart in the last 2 days and so now I need a roommate and I still wasn't sure about a lot of things and do you know this man explained how from talking to me he can sense that I'm a good person and even volunteered to pay all my moving expenses?!?!  His townhouse is actually really nice and he's offering it to me at drastically lower price than he has advertised and others are certainly willing to pay more to rent it.  So anywho I explained to him how things fell apart and how it may sound "crazy" but I think I just need a little time to pray about things and wait on the Lord and then I can make a decision and he completely understood.  He even told me not to stress because if God brought me this far He'll work out all the details.  He told me how time isn't even an issue with God because He is the creator of time.  To Him 10,000yrs is but an hour and I dunno everything He said was exactly what I needed to hear so I'm feeling a lot better thanks to his encouraging words.  He even said that if I choose not to stay in his house he would be glad to help me find a place and stay in contact with me until I do so that's good.  I'm gonna pray for him tonight because he's so kind and I'm thankful for that.

Another random person that has blessed me is my BFF Leesa.   BFF is included in her title :).  So anywho I went to Vegas about a week ago and had an AMAZING time with my girlfriends after we had the most HORRIBLE experience with DELTA airlines and flights being delayed and being stranded UGH!  So anywho on my flight from Atlanta to Las Vegas the woman who sat next to me was named Leesa. Under normal circumstances I ALWAYS go to sleep on planes.  Leesa kindly informs me that she doesn't like to sleep on planes O_o.  Ladies and gentlemen I have a 4hr long plane ride with Leesa who talks to me the ENTIRE four hours bless her heart lol.  At first I really tried to just put on my headphones to my iPod and tune Leesa out but she was persistent and continued to talk, tap my shoulder lean on me when she was cold YEA...the works!!! LOL  So she's reading this book about being successful and she begins to tell me how it really has blessed her and she gives me a list of other books to read and she begins to talk about online dating, random stuff and God.  I had been praying about learning how to save lately even with my best friend so that he could hold me accountable for keeping up with what I said.  So in talking to Leesa she gave me a savings plan so that by the time I'm done with my PhD I can have about $30,000 cash stashed away in a savings acct or something.  And it's sooo doable!  I was excited to say the least!  And I'm REALLY going to implement all the things the told me.  We talked about saving and life and being happy and letting go of things and just EVERYTHING.  So she is now known as my BFF Leesa.  Oh yea Leesa was a 45yo beige woman who looked amazing!  I mention her race only because well...we all know that beige people don't age well but she looked great!  We talked about working out and everything too! lol.  I'm glad I didn't go to sleep on that plane because I now have a list of books that are soon to be read and a savings plan and great outlook on life.  I'm excited because one of the things I would like to do in my lifetime is save up an inheritance so that when I'm gone I can leave my family with both money and property.  I think that we as Blacks in America don't do this enough if at all.  And I'm not talking about just a few hundred here and there I mean I want to leave a REAL inheritance to my grandchildren.

So yea that's my story of how two random people have really blessed me recently and I thank God for 'em. :)  Be kind to people because truthfully God will use anybody to talk to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment