Welcome!!!

Welcome to my blog about...well...my faith and all other things random. Just documenting my journey through life and following God. I initially began blogging about my faith but this PhD is testing my sanity so now I blog about faith and all other things that keep me sane!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

My body is a Temple

So lately I've been stuck on this treating my body like a temple thing.  This is God's gift to me and everyday that I wake up I thank Him for my life.  I thank Him that I can breathe on my own and not by a machine, I thank Him for my health, my sight, the ability to walk, my hearing, that I'm in my right mind, etc.  These are things that many of us take for granted or really we simply don't take the time out to even really ever think about them.  But I look at people who can't walk or who were in some type of accident and aren't able to carry out these everyday functions and I thank God for His grace and mercy because that could certainly be me.
At the age of 12 I had surgery on my back because I had scoliosis so I have a metal rod on each side of my spine to keep it aligned correctly since it was curved.  I had to learn to walk again and do things differently after surgery but I definitely gained an appreciation for these things.  I don't take my health for granted or my ability to walk. 
We should begin to take care of our bodies.  Not only by practicing celibacy (for those of you that do...no shade to those who don't God still loves you and so do I!...don't worry there's no condemnation here :) )but on top of that I think that a good way to treat your body as a temple  is really to just take care of yourself by eating healthy and exercising.
Really treat your body like a temple.  Be conscience of the things you eat, exercise, relax.  If we just eat eat eat and allow ourselves to become fat then not only do we introduce the risks associated with health problems but we also open ourselves up to depression and other things.  My old pastor would preach about people getting into shape and taking care of their bodies....especially since a great portion of the congregation was overweight...primarily the Black women.
So for the past couple of weeks I've started back exercising and eating healthy.  I even have my coworkers joining with me and they are exercising and eating healthier!  I'm still working on my mom...eh *shrug*.  But yea ladies and gentlemen what are YOU doing to treat your body like a temple?  I promise you that you'll feel better!  I have more energy now and it just plain old feels GOOD.  I LOVE jogging outside...to see the trees and the clear blue Carolina skies.  It also helps to relieve stress.  If you've been considering getting into shape or anything lately go ahead and start now!  To help you all out I found a great FREE site!  Check out www.caloriecount.about.com  It's really cool!  You can type in the foods you eat each day, the exercise you do each day, and your daily weight.  Actually seeing what you eat each day will help you be a more conscious eater and the numbers will certainly motivate you...trust me!  Anywho  I wish you all the best and I hope you'll join me on this mission to get tight!...literally....I'll post some before and after pictures when I get toned so you guys can see!

No comments:

Post a Comment